Building Bridges to the Future assists students with developmental disabilities and their families. Our agencies span the entire Chicagoland area.
Six non-profit social service organizations came together, combining their expertise in serving adults and children with developmental disabilities and other special needs to form this unique partnership.
This program has been formed to serve the needs of families and professionals using a collaborative approach between:
- Serve as your primary contact for the Building Bridges to the Future Program
- Attend IEP staffing as part of each student's interdisciplinary team
- Work with special education department staff to ensure the transition is part of the IEP
- Develop and maintain linkages between families, special education staff, and adult service providers.
- Provide an in-service training and coaching sessions for parents, guardians, and students
- Advocate for and assist in the establishment of eligibility for community services.
- Pre-admission Screening Agencies (PAS)
- Prioritization of Urgency for Need Services (PUNS)
- Special Needs Trusts
- Power of Attorney
- Home and Community Based Waiver Programs
- Residential Programs
- Day Programs
- DRS Programs
- Parent Education and Support
- Options for Community Services
- Self Advocacy